Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hard news

That was the title of an email I received today telling me of a beautiful, intelligent, and vibrant woman that I know who has been treated for breast cancer the last five years and it has spread to her lungs. She just had surgery to keep her lungs from filling up with fluid. She has 3 young children 8 and under. Barbara is also a very talented singer.



I know Barbara from a play I was in last fall, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" at Steppingstone Theatre in St. Paul. She was one of us three "church ladies." Her daughter was in it as well. The church ladies have a special connection because there's no one quite like us!!!



I am deeply saddened by this news, especially being out here. It has made me re-think moving away from my family and friends. Do I really want to be away from people I love deeply, and have something happen? I will be contemplating this, in light of the "hard news."



I will be very sad if Barbara loses this battle, but I am fighting for her through prayers and asking everyone I talk to that believes in miracles to pray.



Live on Barbara! You are loved!

No comments:

About Me

Newport, Minnesota, United States
Married almost 25 years. 3 grown stepchildren, with 7 beautiful grandchildren. 2 adopted sons, ages 20 and 15. About to make a big move to Dubois, Wyoming. Ready for a change.